Dear Climate Friends,
The. Largest. Climate. March. Ever. The People’s Climate March is Sunday, September 21st 2014 in New York City, corresponding with the Special Meeting on Climate Change at the United Nations.
This is your opportunity to support the Northern California People’s Climate Rally the same day at Oakland’s Lake Merritt Amphitheater. We’re also planning major poster & bannering, street actions, etc. all over the Bay Area on that day. All these events and actions will welcome families and children, and will definitely be family friendly, often including games and activities for children. Our Bay Area Rally will be one of dozens of exciting rallies that will be held all across the U.S. and worldwide.
Your support will make this major national event even more amazing. Here in the Bay Area, we have dozens of sponsors already. Experienced leaders are participating (and more are needed) to build on the momentum of earlier climate events that have brought thousands of people together for climate action in the Bay Area since 2012.
So we’re inviting your organization to collaborate with us on this exciting event, at one of the levels described below. Your organization's name on our materials strengthens our fundraising efforts and heightens our appeals for climate justice.
• Endorsers – promote event to their members or, for individuals, to their associates, friends and colleagues
• Sponsors – promote event to their members, plus provide financial support of $25 and up
• Partners – promote event to their members, provide financial support of $250 to $1,000.
Sponsors and Partners will be listed in all communications, including mailings, e-mailings, social media, and press releases. Endorsers will be listed or linked to in communications and on the website. Go to N. Cal. People's Climate Rally endorsements to add your own name or your organization’s name today. For sponsorships, please donate in the name of your organization online here or send a check to 350 Bay Area, PO Box 18762, Oakland, CA 94619.
And of course we encourage volunteers from your communities to join us. Please let us know if you can provide people to help with outreach, set-up, monitors, clean-up, and more! Together let’s help create a great Bay Area event as an important part of a nationwide and international action that will reverberate across the country and around the world.
Northern California People's Climate Rally September 21, 2014 Steering Committee:
- Jack Lucero Fleck , 350 Bay Area
- Glenn Turner, Sunflower Alliance
- Bonnie Lockhart, Occupella
- Michael Rubin, System Change Not Climate Change
- Jeff Mackler, Socialist Action
- Susan Schacher, Bay Area New Priorities Campaign
- Jess Dervin-Ackerman, Sierra Club
- Steve Willett, Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism
Goals/Demands of the People's Climate Rally:
• A global agreement to dramatically and rapidly reduce global warming pollution
• A world with an economy that works for people and the planet
• A world safe from the ravages of climate change
• A world with peace and justice, good jobs, clean air and water, healthy communities
Northern California People's Climate Rally Coalition: Co-sponsors (Very initial list! Add your organization now!):
350 Bay Area; 350 Santa Cruz; Sunflower Alliance; System Change Not Climate Change; Peninsula Peace and Justice Center; Social Justice Committee/Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists; Our Place in the World; Adam Hochschild, author/founder Mother Jones magazine; Food and Water Watch, Sierra Club Bay Area, Communities for a Better Environment, Forecast the Facts, Rainforest Action Network; Ecology Center; Oakland Climate Action Coalition, Green Party of Alameda County; United National Antiwar Coalition; Democratic Socialists East Bay; Alameda County Peace and Freedom Party; Lake Merritt Neighbors Organized for Peace; No. Calif. Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism; Socialist Action; Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal; Oakland Socialist Group; Bay Area Solidarity; Dr. Jack Rasmus, Host, Alternative Visions Radio Show/Progressive Radio Network; International Socialist Organization; San Francisco Bay View newspaper; Dolores Huerta, co-founder United Farm Workers