Next Step To Stop Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline
Keystone Action Council Meeting Sat May 11, 1:00 - 3:00 pm (please come on time) 350.org Office, 1729 Telegraph at 18th St, Downtown Oakland
above Somar Bar, right at the 19th St BART.
* Update/Debrief: Facebook Action:Out of our last meeting an action at Facebook was planned in 4 days, which mobilized 50 people on a weekday and received significant media coverage--See below. We will talk about possible next steps to stop Facebook CEO Zuckerberg from bankrolling pro-Keystone XL and Pro-Arctic Drilling commercials.
* Plan Mass Nonviolent Direct Action: How can we best mobilize our people power in the Bay Area to push back to the fossil fuel industry behind Keystone KXL,Tars Sands and climate chaos?
Our Goals Are:
* Decide on Nonviolent Direct Action/s to stop Keystone.
* Organize ourselves into affinity groups to decide on & plan actions. Organize an "affinity group" of people who will participate in (or support those who do) nonviolent direct action to stop the Keystone Pipeline from your organization, your friends, family, community, congregation, union, school, neighborhood, etc. You can also join or form an affinity group at the Keystone Action Council meetings.
* Build a movement to stop climate change!
Oakland, CA 94612
Google map and directions