Join Idle No More SF Bay to stand in solidarity with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and Indigenous grassroots leaders who are calling on allies across the United States and around the world to peacefully March for Native American rights on March 10th.
This event is co-sponsored by Idle No More SF Bay and the International Indian Treaty Council.
- #TakeTheMeeting // President Trump must meet with tribal leaders to hear why it’s critical that the US government respect tribal rights. This administration must work with us.
- #ConsentNotConsultation // Tribal interests cannot continue to be marginalized in favor of the interests of corporations and other governments. Consultation is not enough– we must require consent.
- #NativeNationsRise // The Standing Rock movement is bigger than one tribe. It has evolved into a powerful global phenomenon highlighting the necessity to respect Indigenous Nations and their right to protect their homelands, environment and future generations. We are asking our Native relatives from across Turtle Island to rise with us.
- 5pm SF Federal Building - short rally
- March to Civic Center
- Civic Center - longer event
- traditional California Indigenous opening
- Corrina Gould
- speakers on the history of Native Americans & the federal government
- Native American leaders
90 7th St
San Francisco, CA 94103
Google map and directions