Advocacy Training Workshop
sponsored by Contra Costa Interfaith Climate Action Network
Climate change is currently harming all of life on Earth. Join Contra Costa Interfaith Climate Action Network to learn how we may become better stewards of our part of the Earth in Contra Costa County. Pre-register for this free workshop here.
What can our faith community do:
- to address health inequities in our county?
- to reduce the toxins residents are exposed to?
- to reduce transportation pollution?
Learn from advocacy experts how to be effective on critical issues we can address now.
- Rev Will McGarvey, Executive Director, Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County
- Rev Will Scott, California Interfaith Power and Light,California Legislative actions for 2017
- Andrés Soto, Communities for a Better Environment, BAAQMD, Cap on Refinery Emissions - Health Impacts
- 350 Bay Area, Options to Reduce Emissions from Transportation
- Cynthia Mahoney, MD, Citizens’ Climate Lobby, Health Effects of Fossil Fuel Pollution
Network with members of other groups.
Find mentors to help improve advocacy skills.
9:30 am Registration and Tabling
10:00 am Opening Invocation: Rev. Will McGarvey
10:05 am Overview: Rev. Will McGarvey
10:15 am California Legislative actions for 2017: Rev. Will Scott, California Interfaith Power and Light
10:35 am BAAQMD, Cap on Refinery Emissions - Health Impacts: Andrés Soto, Communities for a Better Environment
10:55 am Coffee, Meet and Mingle, Information from advocacy groups at tables
11:30 am Light Lunch, Continue to share experiences and ideas
12:00 pm Workshop 1: Options to Reduce Emissions from Transportation: 350 Bay Area
12:30 pm Workshop 2: Health Effects of Fossil Fuel Pollution: Cynthea Mahoney, MD
1:00 pm Advocacy Panel Discussion and Questions: Rev Will McGarvey, Rev Will Scott, Andrés Soto, Jack Lucero and Cynthia Mahoney, MD
1:50 pm Closing - Follow up and Mentoring
2:00 pm End
Please pre-register for this workshop by March 31st, so we know you're coming. The workshop is free. You can choose to pay $10 to pre-order a vegetarian lunch.
Questions? Call Jan at 925-818-6530 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1924 Trinity Ave
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Google map and directions