- Meeting Reports:
- BayCAP meeting with BAAQMD Board Member Mark Ross,
- BayCAP meeting with Air District Staff
- BAAQMD Climate Protection Committee
- Review draft Keystone Pipeline Resolution and provide input if we have it (per request from SF Supervisor John Avalos, Chair of BAAQMD Climate Protection Committee)
- Sketch out mobilization plan to get District Board to vote Yes on the Resolution on August 7
- Review draft changes to BayCAP Resolution for formal submission to Air District. (draft based on most recent discussions with District Board Members and staff)
- Update BayCAP Resolution outreach plan
With firm leadership from Chair John Avalos, on July 18 the Air District Board's Climate Protection Committee voted to recommend the Air District Board pass a resolution opposing the Keystone XL Pipeline. The Resolution will come up for a vote by the full Air District Board on August 7.
The BayCAP team has been attending Air District meetings and providing comments on the Keystone Pipeline, and prepared a letter that 350 Bay Area sent to the Air District in support of their taking a stand to oppose the proposed Pipeline.
At out next meeting we'll work on a lobbying strategy to make sure our representatives on the Air District Board vote Yes to Oppose the Keystone XL Pipeline on August 7.
We all have city and/or county representatives on the Air District Board. Find yours here:
The BayCAP team is also lobbying the Air District to get serious on regulating Bay Area greenhouse gases. We've been meeting individually with Air District Board members about this. At our 7/22 meeting we will also discuss next steps with that effort. Check out our campaign page to for the latest news and pictures:
762 Peralta Ave
Berkeley, CA 94706
Google map and directions