Do our part to stabilize the earth's climate and bring healthy air to all. Transform the Bay Area's energy infrastructure to get off fossil fuels.
1. Update on new BayCAP Petition Air District Board: Take real climate leadership now
2. Updates on advocacy efforts and meetings with BAAQMD Board members
3. Upcoming participation in BAAQMD Gap Analysis meetings on building, energy and industrial sector GHG emission programs
4. BayCAP Proposals to BAAQMD
STAFFING — Prioritize Climate Program staffing on rule development for GHG reduction. One new rule developer for the program is insufficient.
PERMITS — Incorporate BAAQMD 2050 and interim GHG emission reduction goals into permit rules 2-1 and 2-2. Stop GHG emission increases and achieve actual reductions.
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS — Develop and promote model rules for local jurisdictions to encourage efficiency and electrification. Work toward regional mandates to eliminate GHGs and all other pollutants from building systems and appliances.
COMBUSTION —Direct staff to focus on heat pumps in Rule 9-4 Residential Furnaces amendments under development. Focus all future Reg 9 combustion rule amendments on “no combustion” alternatives as well as efficiency improvements.
5. Transportation Teach-in update
- Table at Bay Area League Day (League of Women Voters) January 31 in Oakland
- Petition gathering at the March for Real Climate Leadership February 7 in Oakland
Conference Call meeting, RSVP for details
San Francisco, CA
Google map and directions