|Organize! Always Organizing!|
Transform the Bay Area's energy and economic infrastructure to get off fossil fuels and bring healthful air and a healthy environment to all.
Our initial focus is the Bay Are Air Quality Management District
The Air District Board adopted our goal on November 6, 2013. Staff have begun to develop an implementation plan. We are tracking progress and offering proposals. We're also organizing teams of constituents to reach out to their BAAQMD Board members and win their ongoing support for decisive action. Eventually it will be up to the Board to pass regulations requiring deep emission cuts.
Topics for this meeting:
- BAAQMD Resolution implementation update
- BAAQMD New: employer mandate for commute benefits
- Next Climate Protection Committee meeting
- BAAQMD Stationary Source Committee - the place to bring proposals for new/revised Air District rules
- Draft BAAQMD Refinery Emissions Tracking Rule
- Turn the Tide Flag update
- Refinery projects/opposition updates
We're also considering work on local City and County Climate Action Plans not yet finalized. Lots to do, new people always welcome.
762 Peralta Ave
Berkeley, CA 94707
Google map and directions