How to we get from here to 2050?
Bay Climate Action Plan (BayCAP) We asked the Bay Area Air Quality Management District to develop a Regional Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Plan to reduce the Bay Area's GHG emissions to 80% below 1990 levels by 2050. That means reducing emissions from 100 million tons per year to 17.6 million tons per year.
Big Victory at BAAQMD November 6! The Board of Directors passed the Resolution unanimously.
- Prepare comments on Air District staff’s draft 2014-2016 Climate Action Work Plan. Bring to November 20 meeting with 2014 Board Chair Nate Miley. Share with Committee members.
- Set up BayCAP Information exchange meetings around the Bay. Build network of Air District Board constituents. Expand BayCAP team to represent the whole Bay Area. A meeting with 350 Silicon Valley is set for the evening of November 21st.
- Hold 2050 planning workshops around the Bay Area. Engage local experts to discuss with the public, practical technical, economic and political options for ending Bay Area dependence on fossil fuel and building the clean energy future.
- Track BAAQMD progress on 2014-2016 Climate Action Work Plan. Attend relevant Air District meetings. Continue to meet with Climate Protection Committee members to share ideas and push for stronger action.
- Support other 350 Bay Area campaigns.
New activists always welcome to join the team, or just attend a meeting and check it out.
762 Peralta Ave
Berkeley, CA 94707
Google map and directions