Bay Area's Energy Future Reports
SB 1415 changes Advisory Council membership
The Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) 10-Point Climate Action Work Program directs the Advisory Council to explore the Bay Area's Energy Future. The Council reports its findings to the Board of Directors. in 2014 the Advisory Council heard from prominent climate research scientists Marc Jacobson, Jim Williams, Jane Long, Dan Kammen and others.
Two reports are to be discussed 11/12/2014. The latest detailed draft reports are included in the Agenda Packet. This is where policy begins. Be there, check out what's happening and advocate for what you want.
1. Discuss Report from September 10 Advisory Council presentation: California’s Energy Future and the Move Towards the 2050 Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Goals , Dan M. Kammen, Ph.D. Class of 1935 Distinguished Professor of Energy, Energy and Resources Group and Goldman School of Public Policy, Founding Director of the Renewable and Appropriate Energy Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley
2. Discuss Report from October 8 Advisory Council presentation: Energy Storage and Smart Grid Technologies and Their Relationship to 2050 GHG Goals, Haresh Kamath, Program Manager, Energy Storage, EPRI
3. Discuss Advisory Council Presentation to BAAQMD Board summarizing 2014 activities
4 . Discuss SB 1415 (Hill) Approved and Chaptered 9/27/14
- Reduces the number of members of the BAAQMD advisory council from 20 to seven.
- Repeals the existing member categories and instead requires each member to be skilled and experienced in air pollution, climate change, or health impacts of air pollution.
- Requires the members to be selected to include a diversity of perspectives, experience, and backgrounds.
- Provides that the term appointments of existing members terminate on July 1, 2015.
939 Ellis St
San Francisco, CA 94109
Google map and directions