Let's put the political in Earth Day! Join us in a march for Climate Justice and the Earth on April 19. Starting from Justin Herman Plaza and ending at the UN Plaza, a rally with speakers will follow at 1pm. Bring your non-carbon polluting form of transportation—bike, electric vehicle, or your feet!
|We are honored to host global climate leader, noted environmental author and founder of 350.org, Bill McKibben, who will speak at the Rally, along with:
The EARTH DAY ACTION PARADE will be in sections with corresponding messages:
- Our Future: Children's Brigade and faith groups
- Environmental Justice: Impacted Communities & workers, Health impacts of Fossil Fuels
- Problems/Dangers: Keystone XL, Fracking, Big Oil refinery expansions, Extreme Weather,
- Solutions: Solar, Wind, Mass Transit, Bicycles, Electric Vehicles (EV's), Resilient Communities…(Note: Electric vehicles meet at 11 AM at Mission and Steuart Streets to line up)
Which message do you want to send? Let's get creative! Get unique. Small floats are encouraged.
- 10:00 Monitor Training (volunteers sought)
- 11:00 Attendee Arrival @ Justin Herman Plaza
- 11:15 Opening of Parade
- 11:30 Start of Parade/Bicycle Arrival Time
- 12:00 Last of Parade marchers Start
- 12:15 Bicyclists Start
- 1:00 Rally Start @ UN Plaza
- 1:30 Rally End
- 3:00- 3:30 Speakers' Dome "Climate Time"
Check out the Earth Day San Francisco Festival for all sorts of eco-friendly interactive activities, products, music and more!
Get active, let people and organizations know (see the docs below), endorse (orgs and individuals) and volunteer. You can list your demands for Earth Day (what you see needs to happen). For more information contact John Anderson (see below).
Sponsors and Endorsers
1 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94105
Google map and directions